Monday, December 23, 2019

Winter Hike

Poor Nick has been battling an ingrown toenail. He was doctoring it pretty good on his own and diligent about soaking it in epsom salts and dousing it with hydrogen peroxide.
But the infection and swelling really was getting worse. He was patient, but it was pretty painful and he was happy when I texted a friend and asked if there was any way they could see Nick first thing in the morning. 

The doctor took off part of the nail that was digging into him and promised he'd feel much better immediately. Aside from his toe being completely numb from the anesthetic all day, Nick's spirits are lighter knowing he's on the upside of healing.

I was so happy that I got home before Michael and Courtney left on their snow hike,
 so I could join them.
(Marty went skiing with a friend and Nick worked on Legos and played video games all day and stayed off his foot. Dan went out to do Christmas errands.)

But before we left, we had breakfast. And Michael and Courtney learned a new trick on the hoverboard -- two at a time.



We hiked at the snow gate. I love that even thought the snow has melted at home, a 15 minute drive gets us to a winter wonderland!


Kershaw was excited to come too!







I have to admit, I'm not very excited about this trick. (Michael considering walking along the rails.)
I was glad he changed his mind.



We stopped for lunch at Cafe Rio and called Dan and Nick to join us.
Then we had to speed back home so Michael could pack and go home to Indiana.
I'm so happy Courtney gets to join him after Christmas, and sooo happy, they're both coming back at New Year's!

The rest of the family, including Aunt Marge, Lizzie and Courtney's friend, Tessa, went to The Christmas Carol at Hale Theater. It touched me so much this year and I cried through the whole thing. It was really beautiful. 

We ate dinner at Bombay House in West Jordan and then came back home to finish the puzzle. 
(At least that's what I did.)

Finished!!
Side Note: Look what phase of life we're in. Half the presents are all just stacked in boxes in plain sight in our room and we aren't even worried about anyone peeking.


No comments: