Sunday, October 20, 2019

Remembering

We went to church in Pagosa this morning. I enjoy attending other wards and being reminded that the gospel is the same wherever you are. The speakers shared lots of personal stories of how the gospel has blessed them in their lives which made their talks great to listen to. 

But what touched me the most was the sacrament. I have to admit I've been lazy about reading scriptures and praying while we’ve been on vacation. Especially considering I read "fun books" for two days straight while the boys were fishing and golfing. So why didn’t I take time to read my scriptures?! 

There are so many benefits to daily scripture reading and prayer: ask for the spirit to be with me so my mind will be open to inspiration, guidance, protection and peace; ask for blessings on the people I love; feel the love of my Heavenly Father and Jesus.

But during the Sacrament prayer when they said, “...that they may witness unto thee, O God the Eternal Father, that they do always remember him…” I remembered that there’s another important part of praying and reading scriptures — to show God that I remember Him and His Son and the sacrifice he made for me. 

I've been lazy on vacation, but that’s not the person I want to be. I want to be someone who says  “I remember” every single day.




We arrived back home this afternoon, and I made a better use of my Sunday 
with scriptures and uplifting spiritual music.

Also, I didn't realize until now that in the Gospel Library App under "Sacred Music"
the Youth Theme music was available to listen to. 
It's brought a sweet spirit into our home and into my heart this evening. 



So when I read this scripture, it felt especially pertinent:
"Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord."
--Colossians 3:16


No comments: