Monday, October 14, 2019

Hiking the Y

Kristin, JD and Curtis came to Utah! I always look forward to seeing them and spending time together! 


We had dinner and got caught up on Sunday... even sat in the hot tub that night when Nick got home from Lake Powell (which we normally don't do on Sunday, but we made an exception and it was super fun).


Monday I tagged along with them to hike the Y. My first time ever! Isn't that crazy? One time Randy (the boy) and I set out to hike it, walking over from Raintree and then essentially just walking up the mountain on no sort of trail whatsoever. We got lost and hiked through mostly scrub oak until it was pretty dark and turning out to be not fun at all and gave up.


30 years later with The Shaeffers was so much more fun!


 JD ran up and back twice! 



Curtis zipped up the trail and Kristin and I enjoyed hiking and talking. I made her do most of the talking on the way up because I was totally out of breath! 


It was very steep but only a little over a mile up. 
 Beautiful views of the valley from the top!




No comments: