Saturday, May 04, 2019

Saturday is a Special Day

Last night we were excited to sleep in... but then we remembered we were on Church cleaning duty.
It was a gorgeous spring day and after cleaning the church, we kept going and cleaned up the poolhouse patio, washing down the chaises, tables and chairs, blowing off the patio and pulling out the cushions from the basement. It was so fun because it was so exciting to get ready for pool season!
In fact, Morgan and friends wanted to lay out so they came up from BYU and were the first ones to enjoy "almost summer."
(And they helped pull out the cushions to "earn their keep" ;-))





Then Dan and I pulled out the 72-hr kits to add the new freeze-dried meals. 
I'm tired of buying new food that has to be replaced annually.
(Often more than a couple years passes before I remember anyway.)
But apparently the mice also like the food in 72-hour kits because some had found the storage room and a couple packages of crackers. They only got into one backpack that didn't have good zippers.
And gnawed their way into another one.
I'm afraid of rodents. Really I'm afraid of seeing dead or alive rodents in my stuff. Ugh.
Grateful Dan took care of vacuuming up the poo while I swapped the food.

Then we went to ward temple night and dinner at the Lion House with the ward.


And finally a late-night move to see Avengers: Endgame.
In our pajamas. We didn't get to bed until 1:30 a.m. It was worth it.

Cleaning the church only takes an hour when everyone shows up and works together.
Cleaning the patio furniture only took an hour.
Setting up and cleaning everything else outside took another hour.
I like to remind myself how long certain chores take that sound like they'll take forever.
When I remember they're only an hour or two, it's not so overwhelming!

Lastly, photo of Chris and friends at last night's Senior Cotillion dinner/dance.
The end is near.

No comments: