Friday, May 10, 2019

Dad and Grandma

A few weeks ago I had a dream that Dan and I, Mom and Marge a bunch of random kids and Grandma Regan were in the Flamingo Drive house. In my dream, Grandma walked into the room.
When I gave her a hug in my dream, I thought, "For some reason I feel like I haven't seen her in such a long time." I hugged her, held her arms while we looked at each other and she smiled and laughed her happy laugh just like before. I touched her and saw her so clearly.

A few days later I was in bed and just falling asleep when I heard my dad's voice as clear as anything.
He said two words -- I can't remember what they were now -- but something like a greeting or just saying hello. When I heard it, I woke up enough to recognize I was falling asleep and I'd heard his voice just like it was before. I didn't think it was him actually talking to me from the spirit world. It was more like a dream when you're falling asleep and you think you hear someone, but you didn't.
But it was awesome.

I've been enjoying thinking about both of them a lot since then. The sound of their voices. My Grandma's soft, loose, wrinkly skin. Her smile and laugh. How much I knew she loved me simply by being around her.

No comments: