Thursday, May 09, 2019

Buidling the Basketball Hoop

Nick has been asking for a basketball hoop for forever. Since before we moved in.
Finally in January I spec'd out the different hoops at the sports store and measured it and our yard and made sure it would fit,
with the idea that Dan would go back with the truck and buy one.

Finally this week we told Dan he had to put it on his calendar so he--we--actually all remembered.
Yesterday he bought it and said he'd put it together this weekend.

When Nick got home from school, I told him it was here.
He went to the garage to check it out, then came back in to get scissors to open the box.
He was going to start putting it together.

I love this about Nick! No job seems too big for him.
I went out later and he'd got everything started. He'd had to redo a few parts but was in good spirits.
I stayed outside and helped him until it was time for lacrosse.
I suggested we move it away from the giant driveway drain
(what is that for, anyway? there are long skinny, otherworldly worms breeding in it!)
so any screws don't fall in it.

Nick said, "That's such a good idea, Mom! I didn't even think of that! I'm so glad you did!"

Later a bolt rolled and did in fact go in the sewer-type drain. But we got it out.

After lacrosse, Dan and Nick continued building and finished long after bedtime. 
But before heading in, they shot a few baskets first!




No comments: