Sunday, April 14, 2019

Young Women in Excellence

We had a lovely Young Women in Excellence tonight. 
Simple and spiritual. The girls all wrote a few paragraphs about a time they 
knew they were a Daughter of God. We displayed them on one wall.
On the other were their baby pictures. 


The graduating seniors read bios (written by the moms) of the new Beehives. 
They were so poised and gave them big hugs.

Suzi Olson is a local artist who primarily paints pictures of Christ.
She spoke about how she knows she's a Daughter of a King and 
how her art has been influenced heavily by the gift of the Spirit.


I just finished the book Saints (Volume 1). Marty had really liked reading it on his mission.
It was well written and although very thick, it was an easy read.
I loved putting the history of the church into a narrative form.
I just finished studying Preach my Gospel for my scripture study,
and I realized it was a perfect time to start reading the Doctrine and Covenants
having the history recently in my mind.

We think of the sacrifices the Pioneers made, but in reality, from the beginning the
early saints were facing persecution, doubts, apostasy and being forced to leave their homes.

Makes me grateful for this time we live in. 

No comments: