Saturday, April 06, 2019

Conference Saturday: Prayer Matters

Rumors have been flying -- literally getting crazy -- about potential announcements in conference this weekend. It was fun to discuss possibilities, but seriously, the rumors were all over the map.

In the end, no big changes were announced, and I was kind of glad. 
It was nice to have conference be about conference. 
Uplifting, inspirational, motivating, spiritual speakers from 
apostles, disciples and the prophet of God.

I was able to watch Nick's first lacrosse game from the car and listen to conference at the same time.
I pretty much cried through the whole thing. Happy, inspired tears.
One of my favorite quotes from Saturday morning was, 
"Prayer in a family can reach across the world."

In our family prayers we always pray for Courtney and Marty, and I hoped that Chris and Nick would remember that we would always be praying for them wherever they were when they left our home. 
I hoped that when things get hard for them, they'll know we're pray for them and it would make it a little bit easier to get though tough times.

And seconds later I got a text from Courtney quoting the same quote and adding, 
"I loved that so much! I was like 'yes!!' I really feel it and I am grateful for you both and your example of prayer in our home."



Nick is Numero "0"

This handsome crew as they headed out to the Priesthood Session.


And one second before that photo, I snapped this photo... Marty had to look down and see an exciting development in the League of Legends World Championship game. (Or something like that.)



No comments: