Wednesday, April 24, 2019

A Happy 27 Years!


For our anniversary today did sealings in the Salt Lake Temple. The tulips and the weather were just as perfect as they were 27 years ago. (Although we didn't have to start near so early in the morning as we did the day we got married!)

Turns out that one of my best friends' dads was the sealer. He was very thoughtful and deliberate about the process and began by bearing his testimony of the temple and the Lord's work. It brought a sweet spirit to the process. He also teased a bit too which gave a fun sense of camaraderie that you don't get in the other ordinances. It was a great way to celebrate our marriage.

I was really moved to be holding Dan's hand across the altar again and hearing the covenants we made so many years ago -- he's been so faithful in keeping those covenants. I've done my best too. We make a pretty good team together. For sure we're not perfect, but we're both committed to our life together, to each other and to our children.

Earlier today I was thinking about some of the ways I was initially attracted to Dan. He was fun! He was easy to talk to. I felt at home with him from our first date. (So much so that we were together pretty much 24/7 after that!) His confidence was contagious! He made me dinner, paid for dates and treated me extra special. He had goals and a plan. I could tell from the beginning he would take care of me. Without realizing it consciously then, stability was important to me. He's provided that. Sure his original plan changed (from law school to business), we've moved a lot and he's changed careers, but it was always forward progression -- not just simply a whim. (Except that one time he wanted to move to San Francisco and for the first time I said, "No." And he respected that.) Our life, these changes have been an adventure for me and I've loved all the places we've lived together and the experiences its provided us. I'm a more well-rounded person because of it. Both of us are. It's been wonderful to share in this life together!

Oh, our first date... it couldn't have been any better than it was. It was perfect! I'm so glad he called me the next day in spite of me breaking the cardinal rule of kissing on the first date! Ha!


No comments: