Sunday, April 21, 2019

Central Park on Easter

Courtney's church time has been changed from 2:30 p.m. to 9:00 a.m. 
Which is great if you live there, but not great if you're visiting from Utah.

But we LOVED meeting all her friends at church!
She is surrounded by greatness!
One thing I loved about living in New York were the musical numbers in church. 
Basically professional musicians performing each week. The YSA ward is no different.

Because it was Easter they had extra musical numbers. 
A darling new convert who is a Freshman studying art and theater sang 
"If the Savior Stood Beside Me"
and two girls studying at Julliard played a violin duet of
"I Know that My Redeemer Lives."

The congregation sang "How Great Thou Art" and I wept through the entire thing.

After Sunday School (I LOVE 2 hour church!)
Courtney walked home with her friends and Dan and I changed at the hotel then we met up with Courtney for lunch and to walk through the park and talk. 


Such a beautiful Easter Sunday!






As much as we hated not spending every second with Courtney, we needed a nap before dinner.
We parted ways and met her and Michael up downtown for dinner 
at the best restaurant for "chicken under a brick."

Side Note: All the restaurants were essentially empty because Passover/Easter/Spring Break fell on the same weekend and so many people were out of town.

It feels weird that I don't have any pictures of Michael.
But on the other hand, it may have been more weird to take photos so I could post them on my blog.

Meanwhile the boys at home are surviving great. 
They had 7 different stops to pick up bikes yesterday. We called them multiple times making sure they got all the addresses and they actually went everywhere, which annoyed them, but they did it.
And for Easter I left them baskets with eggs filled with money 
(their special request since we were leaving them over Easter 
and remembering last year when Gram really set a high bar!! :-))

No comments: