Sunday, February 10, 2019

Weekend Recap

Most importantly, for maybe the first time ever -- 
or ever in recent memory -- I made rolls. 
The second time they turned out pretty good.
The first batch didn't rise. When I tried again I put them in the steam oven at 85* 
while we were at church. Rose perfectly.

Also I turned in my homework assignment and it was well-received by my teacher. 

Tonight Marty made dinner. He brought home some curry sauce packs from Japan.
He quickly chopped up potatoes, carrots, onion and chicken and sautéed 
them on the stove then added the sauce. I made the rice.
It was delicious and I loved how natural it was for him to cook, 
including peeling and chopping vegetables, sautéing and serving into bowls.
Thank you, mission.


Marty, Nick and I played a board game (Dominion) after church.
Remember I tried to get Nick to play with me a few weeks ago and he said,
"It will be more fun when Marty gets home." And here he is.


Ethan and Thomas joined us for dinner and then we all played
Seven Wonders for a couple of rounds and now they're playing
Betrayal at the House on the Hill.


Marty understands games so quickly and explains them so well.
Nick made shakes for everyone.
(Chris is at game night with his girl and guy friends,
Dan went "home" to Clovis, NM for a funeral of a close family friend.
Marge had to leave for home after dinner because a snowstorm was starting.)

We also had a quick Come Follow Me lesson. Go Us.

On Friday night, Chris had Sweetheart's Dance.
On Saturday night he had Sweetheart's at Skyline High. So cute.

Look at their cute t-shirts with each other's baby photos on them.
Saturday morning Dan and I went hiking at Millcreek Snow Gate with Kershaw.
Beautiful day, soft snow. Kershaw had a blast.

Nick had a sleepover Friday night and they stayed up late, late, late playing
a new video game and Marty joined in too. 
(While Dan and I were out, Marty picked up Nick from the church where he'd been playing basketball with friends and took him to dinner at Cafe Rio.) 
Having two big brothers again is pretty cool.

Saturday afternoon the Nick and friends went skiing. 
Dan opted out because he'd already been three times this week.
They rode the bus home and it always makes me happy when they're self-sufficient.

While organizing the closet, I went through my shorts from last summer. 
I found chapstick in one pocket and in another pair, a quarter. 
Usually these both would be treasures. But they are also reminders that 
I didn't actually wash my shorts before putting them away for the winter.


We also found this gem of a craft project. 
I texted Courtney hoping she wouldn't be too disappointed if I tossed it out.
Of course we have several projects from her childhood we love and have saved. 
But this one is more like a "rough draft." 😂



No comments: