Monday, February 04, 2019

Navy Blue

I came across this photo again recently:


I'd pinned it when planning my laundry room. I got the tile, but not the navy blue cabinets with gold hardware. Catherine had such great ideas in designing our home that Dan and I learned to trust her judgment. Most of the time it turned out wonderful. But in a few places, I wish it was different.

Everyone likes the laundry room color and comments on how much they like it. And I agree with them out loud. But in my head I think, "I wish it was navy." I wondered if it would grow on me. I don't not like it. But then I see photos of navy blue cabinets and I feel a little bit disappointed.

I called the painters last week to see if it's possible to change it. They're awesome painters so I don't have any qualms about the cabinets looking good. I do wonder what happens if they get nicked (because a painted finish isn't as strong as the painted and baked finish from the cabinet manufacturers). They said it would take about a week, would look great, and is a price I could feel good about.

Scrolling some more on this pinner's blog about blue cabinets I came across these funny comments between "Jenny" & "Shelley." Made me laugh since I also had navy blue dresses for my bridesmaids. Navy blue and corduroy. In the spring. The lady at the fabric store was mortified. I loved them. And I don't regret it one bit!



No comments: