Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Something More

Have you ever come to a chapter in the scriptures and wanted to skip it because you've already read it a million times and you know what its going to say? I already read Matthew 6 & 7 this week for Come Follow Me. But today as I furthered my study, it suggested I read it again. (Remember how I also read 3 Nephi 13 & 14 a few days ago and it says the same thing? I'd re-read that again along with Matthew yesterday because that was one of the "exercises.") So I was sort of tempted to skip re-reading again today (as advised by another of the exercises). Plus everyone knows what the Sermon on the Mount says.

But then I wondered if I could get something more out of it. Maybe see the Sermon on the Mount differently. I realize one of the main points in these chapters is to not tell everyone about how great you're doing in prayer, fasting, service, and I'm sure scripture reading is included in that. But maybe this is more of my testimony rather than me "bragging." Because I did get more out of it. I didn't necessarily have an "aha" moment. But I did study, ponder and make notes, and by actively working with my scriptures, the words become more precious. And it became more real that these are the words of God and Jesus Christ.

BEFORE

AFTER



No comments: