Saturday, February 09, 2019

Organizing Turns Into a Date

Secretly in my mind all day I wondered if I could convince Dan to go with me to The Container Store at the mall to pick up some more drawer organizers. Because I had bought some the day before and was really making progress organizing the closet!

Dan's pajama drawer vs. my pajama drawer. This is why I needed more dividers.
We both like Nordstrom Cafe and I thought going there for dinner might make The Container Store bearable.

He got home and saw the progress I made on the closet. Then without me even saying anything, HE said, "What would you think about going to dinner at Nordstrom Cafe tonight? I need to pick up my new suits." WHAT!! I told him I was thinking the same thing and then he gave me a fist bump. Because it's cool when we're on the same wave length.

Dan's sock drawer before and after. Who wouldn't want drawer dividers?

He even was willing to spend time after we got home organizing his junk drawer. Which mostly meant throwing away things that had been piling up for the last 18 months in his top drawer. It was so satisfying.

And so we could feel like we did something more romantic than just eat, run errands, and organize, I suggested we sit in the hot tub for a bit. (Because I saw it steaming while snowshoeing and realized it had never been turned down since the prior weekend. So perfect.)

Before we moved into the house, we assumed that with the hot tub so far away, we wouldn't ever use it in the winter. But Rachel said we absolutely would. "You'll slip on your Ugg boots and wear a robe and you'll be just fine." And that's just what we did.



The sky was clear, the stars were bright. The majestic pines gave the sense that we were far away from everything. I don't think we'll ever get tired of just being in our yard.

Love you, Babe!

1 comment:

5010Wander said...

I love you too!!