Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Open House

For a year I've been planning to host an open house for our friends from our old neighborhood. Sometimes you just have to stick a date on the calendar and do it. I had about 20 ladies come over for a potluck lunch and house tour. It was so fun to see everyone again. Many of these women have known me since I was a child. We had so much fun walking through the house and yard while everyone ooh'd and aah'd and was genuinely happy for us and our new home. It was a wonderful afternoon.

(And for future reference: I made a large simple salad -- big bag of cut romaine from Harmons, tomatoes and cucumbers from the garden, feta cheese and shredded chicken from Costco. Italian dressing. A couple large bags of rolls. Water. I asked everyone else to bring a small salad or dessert to share. It worked out perfectly and didn't require any overwhelming effort on my part. Perfect)


No comments: