Monday, September 03, 2018

Labor Day -- A Little Laboring, A Little Relaxing

How I love sleeping in and how I miss it when school is back in session! 6:45 alarm to do breakfasts and lunches and get the kids off to school! Ugh! But I love that we get up with them. It's important to me. And I love that Dan and I work together. This year we're making a BIG change... we've switched responsibilities. I'm doing breakfast and Dan is doing lunches. Lunches is easier, by far. It's mindless almost. I had some fun breakfast ideas I wanted to try, but I haven't really tried them yet. But I have done waffles twice--with cinnamon and apple sauce (on Waffle Wednesday) and eggs in a basket. And veggie egg waffles (that Sheree told me about). So I guess I have been creative. But I'm still wingin' it.

But today we slept in. And even went to bed by 11:00 last night because we were up too late Sunday Saturday night. (We had a wedding downtown which bummed Dan out. But then I said, "Let's make it fun and go to dinner downtown." Not only did Dan find us a new restaurant to try, but he bought us tickets for Mamma Mia 2 as well. A real date -- to a movie he knew I'd wanted to see and I didn't even have to be involved in the planning. I didn't realize I actually liked him making plans for us and telling me that's what we're doing. I loved it!)

So back to today, we slept in. Then we both exercised. And then Dan, Nick and I worked on the rock climbing wall for a long while. Nobody was happy about it and there was some grumbling. But we all changed our attitudes and now it is done! Before we had a lot of blank spots and worse, little kids didn't have handholds they needed to open the new easy-open trap doors. We think it's in good shape now. That's been hanging over my head for a very long time. The motivation to pay Nick and his friend $1 a hold paid off.


Then Dan and I sat out at the pool. It was lovely. The only thing missing was pool-side service. But Dan reminded me that food at the pool always is soggy by the time it gets to you anyway. And its awkward to eat. So we made our own guac and chips and it was delish. I worked on my homework and Dan didn't work and he noticed how our roles had switched. Ha!

Seriously, doesn't get better than this!

No comments: