Sunday, September 16, 2018

It Was a Good Weekend for Football

When BYU beat 6th ranked Wisconsin, I shed some tears. 
I would have liked to call my Dad and hear him cheer the Cougars or comment 
on the players or awesome plays. Or the offensive coordinators or coach. 
It was so fun to be with him when he was so excited and you got to be excited right along with him.
I miss that.

But before Saturday's awesome BYU game, Olympus played their Homecoming game Friday night.
Luke was 1st Attendant in the Homecoming Royalty. Chris' friend Jake was 2nd. 
And the girls were all Chris' friends as well. (Not to mention Homecoming Queen was our sweet Trek daughter who we adore!)
Olympus won 42-0. They're having a great year.
And I missed looking for my Dad in the stands so we could sit with him.
But I loved watching Chris and friends hype up the student section.


Saturday morning Chris had his 14 friends and their dates over for breakfast. 
During prom, they cooked for their dates. But this time one of the mom's made her famous pancakes and homemade syrup. She came over and we cooked up the breakfast together which was actually really fun. Pancakes, eggs, bacon, cinnamon rolls, strawberries, juice. I love these boys and loved meeting the girls. It was fun to cook a feast for them! After eating they all swam for a while.

Nick had his first lacrosse game that afternoon. 
He's super excited about getting number "0"
I love lacrosse in the Fall! 


After the game we came home and Dan and I swam in the pool, worked on the Ireland trip hotels and Dan live-streamed the BYU game. 
Heavenly! The other times we've been swimming I was working on homework.
But my class doesn't start until next week so today was much more relaxing.
I said, "The only thing this resort doesn't have is poolside service!"
But Dan picked up his computer and ordered dinner via Uber Eats.
Brilliant!


Chris and Jake leaving to Homecoming. They love posing as a couple.
"Mom, how would a girl hold the flowers?!"
Chris and his real date, Brin.

We cleaned up and put on our UW shirts to cheer against the Utes.
UW won! Go Huskies!


Before the game, we heard thunder. Then we realized it was a fighter jet crossing directly overhead. 
Then we realized it was four fighter jets. 
And they circled at least 20 times. Maybe 25. They circled for over 30 minutes and it was like our own private airshow. So cool!
ESPN delayed the game so we figured they had to circle 
while they waited to do their flyover the Utes stadium. 
It was awesome! 
We would watch all 4 fly by one after the other. Then come in for maybe 2 minutes before they came back again and run outside to watch all over again. Finally we just went outside.



And on Sunday the Cowboys beat the Giants (I think it was the Giants). 
I think this is a first to have all our teams win in the same weekend!
Fingers crossed BYU and the Cowboys have a strong season!!



No comments: