Sunday, July 17, 2022

Idiopathic Tracheal Stenosis Probs

 For singing time we've been learning the song for the Books in the Old Testament this year.
In January we started with the first four 
(Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers) 
and each month we add four more. 

I found hand motions online too which makes it extra fun (says me!).
We've only got 8 more to learn -- four in August and the last four in September.
I learned it when I was a teacher in Primary in Dallas before Courtney was born.
Today a mom texted me that her five year old was singing all day,
"Kings, Kings, Chronicles!"
Ha, ha! I love it!

But the bummer is my voice was wrecked after singing time today--
not only weak, but painful at my vocal cords. Making me tired and stressed.
This week I can feel my breathing's getting worse. 
Bad enough that I made an appointment with Dr. Smith.

I wanted to see how my voice felt after singing time because over the last few months it gets weak,
but if I hydrate, and have a few minute break, it gets back to normal pretty quickly.

But not so today.
I might need to take a break from teaching 
until I've had some dilations and/or voice PT.
My appointment with Dr. Smith is in August.
(Which by the way is good because I don't want to wait too long to see him,
but August being soon is BAD because that's when school starts and I don't want summer to end!!)

My breathing peak flow rate is currently 270 - 290 which is in my yellow "caution" zone
 and when I started feeling like I needed another dilation last time (in 2019).

It was 370 after my final dilation in July 2020. 
And only 240 when we came back from Hawaii in February 2020 and I was having a lot of breathing distress from presumably drinking salt water with my leaky snorkel. 

No comments: