Friday, August 13, 2021

Wyse Pickles

Sunday when I checked the garden...
(I've sort of been ignoring it. 
The weeds growing amongst my carrots and beets are bringing me down.)
...we had about 10 huge cucumbers!
Which is pretty insane because I've only had one other year where they grew well.
It was 2008. I remember because I took a cucumber and tomato salad to the potluck picnic at the park
for my 30th reunion (a 2-day event. One night family picnic and the next more formal.)

Even though the cucumbers are so large, they're not bitter at all.
So today I made pickles.
 Kaleb, the Wyse Guide, had THE BEST canned beet recipe a couple of years ago,
so I'm following his various pickle recipes too. 
And he's so cute and fun to watch. And his kitchen is GORGEOUS.


In two weeks I'll report on how the fridge pickles taste.

 

1 comment:

Sheree said...

I need to try that! We have so many big cucumbers too. I showed the florist your garden the other day. It’s so pretty. I didn’t see any weeds. Just cute little rows of veggies. Love the tomatoe cages too.