Monday, August 10, 2020

Sprouting and Barre

My mom stayed at our house while we were in Pagosa.
Finally back in the States after quarantining in Martinique for five months! 
(She was there when Coronavirus started and decided to weather the chaos there.)

When Grandma comes, you'll find the fridge full of bowls sprouting mung beans and lentils,
jars of mung bean soup and homemade salad dressing, and several pyrex of cabbage salad,
 plus lots of fruits and vegetables.


This actually made me so happy because after overeating for five days, I was ready for a cleanse.
I'd never tried her mung bean soup, and it was really good! 
Garden zucchini and other vegetables blended together and sprouted mung beans mixed in.
I don't know what mung beans are, but I trust they must be VERY healthy!

This morning I joined her for her Barre workout. 
It was a fun change from my normal weight lifting and SUPER challenging!
I couldn't finish all the sets! But my mom did the whole thing. 
She was even nice enough to let me keep pausing and rewinding the parts where I needed to understand what to do. 

Look at her! She's doing the splits!!



No comments: