Thursday, August 20, 2020

Mason Jar Cheesecakes

Mary Ellen and I split up make mini cheesecakes for wedding desserts.
I was a little nervous not knowing how long that many would take, so I got started as soon as we got home from Pagosa. I'd purchased a KitchenAid in anticipation and it was a HUGE help!

I tripled each batch (tripling made 35-36 each batch) and ended up making 
five batches -- 170 little cheesecakes in total.
I learned NOT to triple the graham cracker crust in the Blendtec. 
It could only handle 8 crackers (3/4 cup) at a time.



The first batch had a lot of lumps because the cream cheese was still too cold, in spite of sitting out for a while. I googled and discovered I could do a quick pulse in the Blendtec to remove the lumps.
Worked so well! 


It also was much easier to pour from the Blenctec into the jars without making a mess or having to hold the heavy bowl with one hand and spoon with the other.
I ended up transferring to the Blenctec each time.


I also learned to cut the giant 48 oz Costco tub into fifths and microwave for 30 - 60 second to soften.
Also put the eggs in warm water so they weren't cold when adding to the mix.
No more lumps after I tried these tricks.


Cooking in a water bath was no big deal. It was a little easier to put the jars into the oven and then add the water to the pans.

When all was done, I realized I'd been baking for seven hours! 
But I was in a good rhythm with no big mishaps and the time flew by.
Now that the cheesecakes are done, I'm looking forward to my family arriving!
 

No comments: