Monday, August 03, 2020

Playing in Pagosa

After breakfast, Rhonda, Becca and I walked the loop while the rest of the crew drove to map their running route for the big half marathon the next morning. Dan, Michael and Courtney have been training for the last few months! Actually, Michael and Courtney had been training for a half in March that ended up getting cancelled because of Coronavirus. 

Lizzie and EC walked to the top of the hill with us. I loved that they got some one-on-one together. 
This trip is the first time EC and Lizzie have met!

I always love taking first-timers around our "neighborhood" at camp. 
The green meadows, mountains, and hills are so breathtakingly beautiful, everyone falls in love.
Its a view I never get tired of either. When I'm away and remembering how pretty it is, I sometimes wonder, "Am I talking it up more than I should?" 
And then we come back and see that its even better!

By the time we got home, it was time for lunch. (In Pagosa its eat, clean up, repeat!)
And then the daily storms blew in and gave us all an excuse to lay down or relax for a bit.
At night after dinner we pulled out the lawn games and played volleyball and giant Jenga.





Chris called so I took a time out to talk to him and describe what we were doing.
We miss his entertaining personality, but every time I talk to him, the Spirit is so strong.
He is an amazing missionary. He is learning the gospel so well, loves people and has
a beautiful way of teaching.




Another bright, bright moonlit night!

No comments: