Wednesday, September 04, 2019

"Your Song"


The Elton John concert was A-Maz-Ing! Hands down the funnest concert I've ever been to in my life. (And I went to an Elton John/Billy Joel concert once which was also a blast. But this beat it.) He walked on stage a few minutes after 8:00 p.m. and played for three hours straight with only a couple 5 minute intermissions for costume changes. He literally rocked the house for three hours! 


Dan introduced me to Elton John the first summer we met. "Your Song" was our song (that and Pink Floyd's, "Wish You Were Here"). Last Christmas he gave us tickets to the concert -- so glad he planned ahead! Our seats were awesome!


"I hope you don't mind, I hope you don't mind, that I wrote down in words, 
how wonderful life is, while you're in the world."







No comments: