Sunday, September 08, 2019

Toenail Temptation

I'm pretty sure I won't have my big toenail much longer.
It's completely separated in the middle and only holding on by the sides.
When I put on my sock, it wiggles like a loose tooth.
Sometimes I wiggle it myself because 
wiggling a toenail -- just like a loose tooth -- is so satisfying.

I have to remind myself I don't actually want it to come off yet.
That it would be best for it to stay on as long as possible.
The nail still protects my toe, no matter how loose it is.

But I'm so curious how it will actually come off.


Did I mention I lost it at the expense of Corn Hole?
I gently shook the wooden Corn Hole frames out of the shipping box.
Just a few inches from the floor so they wouldn't damage anything when they fell out.
But I forgot to move my foot out of the way.
When it landed on my big toe, the shock and pain hurt like you wouldn't believe.

That was sometime before Mother's Day -- 
because we played Corn Hole together that Sunday, 
and Nick painted it with the new chalk spray paint I bought from Target.

Four months ago. Won't be long now.

No comments: