Thursday, September 26, 2019

Night Sounds

Wow!!! I've never heard night sounds like I did last night! They were wild!
I mean, literally wild animal sounds!

We've been talking about the elk up here -- haven't seen any yet --
but we've talked about elk bugling.
Last night I HEARD them!
For like 30 minutes he was going on and on.
It woke me up, then I opened my window to hear better.
The elk was bugling, coyotes were barking and an owl with the deepest hoot was,
well, hooting.

It was so crazy and so cool!
I was very good about remembering the sound for the morning and when we googled elk bugle,
sure enough, it was exactly what I heard.

On our drive to our hike, we came upon this moose!
I got out of the car and took photos and video.


It turned and started walking straight at me (the above photo is NOT zoomed!)
so I also turned and started speed walking to the car.
Luckily they sped over to pick me up.

This photo is as we drove by! Literally 20 feet from the car!


We squeezed in a short, one mile hike to Phelps Lake Overlook before I had to go home.


The water is sooo clear!


I had so much fun laughing and connecting and making new friends.
I loved hiking every day, making simple breakfasts and picnic lunches.



Thanks Jenn, my birthday twin. I loved celebrating with you!

No comments: