Wednesday, March 01, 2017

Harry Potter Day 2

I wondered aloud if we should sleep in on Day 2 and skip early admission since we had already been to Harry Potter land and we could just go later in the day. Nick looked at me not knowing if I was joking or crazy. "Mom! We can't miss it when it's not very crowded!"

So we got up early again and sped over for another day in Harry Potter world. On the way, we actually ran into Nick's friend from school who was there with his family. Small world!

We rode Forbidden Journey again and the other two roller coasters. And then rode the Hogwarts Express over to Diagon Alley to see that first thing in the morning again too. Also to ride "Escape from Gringotts" again because I had left my phone in a locker and wanted it to take pictures today. Walking through Gringotts bank (and through Hogwarts for the other ride) is the coolest part of the ride, quite frankly.

Yesterday we waited in our only line and a very long one at that for Gringotts (no Express passes accepted) but today we walked right up.

We also tried some more rides in Universal -- like the Despicable Me ride. But with the exception of 2 roller coasters and a Free Fall outside of Harry Potter World, the other rides are all 3-D movies where you sit in a chair and it shakes and makes you feel like you're on a roller coaster. And it also makes me feel very, very sick. Guess I'm getting old. I still love real roller coasters. But I can't do them two times in a row. Also, the 3-D "jiggle" rides I can't do anymore.

We had fun on the big red roller coaster and did it a bunch of times throughout the day.

Also tried Frozen Butter Beer -- YUM! (A butter beer slurp with whipped cream butterscotch on top!)

And also got Nick a robe. When in Rome, people. We just simply couldn't resist!


Casting a spell!




No comments: