Thursday, April 14, 2022

Tulips and Taxes

Looking forward to catching up with Kristin has put a skip in my step all week--
especially seeing the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point.
Unfortunately, most tulips hadn't bloomed yet.







Nick didn't want to bother filing for a tax refund because
1) he'd heard me say now that the 1040EZ is gone, its so much harder to file
and 2) he clearly has too much money.
(Remember when it was exciting to find a dime in the couch?!)

I cleared up the misconception -- the EZ was very EZ, but even so, 
its still not hard and worth every penny.
And I also said we could do it together so it didn't seem so overwhelming.

(Remember when I didn't do my 6th grade sugar cube pyramid project because I had no ideas where to find sugar cubes -- they seemed much too fancy for the regular grocery store -- and wherever the mysterious place was they were sold, I was sure it was way too far to ride my bike there. 
Didn't even bother to ask my parents for help. Assumed they wouldn't know where to buy sugar cubes either. Just assumed it. So I gave up before I even got started.
I think Nick and his taxes was a little like that.)

As soon as I got us on the right e-file page, Nick took over from there and was able to figure it out without too much help from me. Only problem was they wanted to charge us for filing state taxes so we only filed federal and re-entered the State information on the State site. Free!
And he's getting a pretty hefty refund. 


 

No comments: