Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Zoom

We got home from the red-eye at 7:30 a.m., immediately crawled back in bed and slept until noon. 
(Which is only 9:00 a.m. Hawaii time, so really, not like sleeping in at all.)
The rest of the week Nick has online school. 
Because Omicron cases are insanely high and supposedly staying home 
will help those numbers. Every single person has it, vaccinated, boosted or not.
A couple of wards in our stake got cancelled too for three weeks, 
but not ours, so I feel kinda gypped.

But yahoo! No early mornings this week for any of us!

I had my first live zoom for class tonight--repeating Novel IV.
 All our assignments are online, but our instructor offers a live lecture that's
"1000% optional." I wanted to get on, meet fellow students and say hi to our teacher, Chris,
since I had him for Novel II and really like him. 
Unfortunately I was the ONLY one who wanted to say hi. 
I didn't mind until after our few minutes of catch-up,  Chris said, "Let's get to the lecture," and reminded me the chat would be recorded for the rest of the class to watch 
and he'd be asking questions for me to answer. 😬 
At least I did my hair today!

Zoom brings a whole new level to awkwardness in conversation. 
Watching yourself do the things you know are distracting, is so distracting.

Like how I can't look at a person and think at the same time. 
So I have to look up and away any time I'm asked a question.

And how I use my hands and close my eyes (same reason as above) so often.
In normal conversation, I don't think using your hands matters so much. 
But on Zoom, your hands are taking up the whole screen. 
And finally, I should really use a desk, but all our desks are in dark parts of the house,
so I'm constantly moving my screen to correct the "big boobs, small head" angle.
Ah, Zoom. Who would have guessed you would be a thing?
 

No comments: