Sunday, January 02, 2022

2021 Achievements

Reading the creation in Genesis 1 and Moses 1 while basking in this view from the sunroom.
I believe. How Great Thou Art. 


2021 Achievements

1) WorD -- My WorD (Write or Die) writer's group has been my favorite addition of this year. I love the three other ladies in our group! We give each other positive validation, constructive feedback, support, accountability and encouragement that I can hardly believe these new friendships started just this year!

2) Finished a full draft of my book

3) Ski so much better after taking the ladies ski school at Alta.
I can hardly believe what a difference "shins in the cuffs of your boots" makes. 
And being so much stronger from Barre workouts.

4) I also biked in the winter at least once each month. Go me.
And completed a century ride -- something I haven't done in 10 years.

5) Sharon McMahon podcasts and Instagram -- I've loved learning about current events and broadened my understanding of government through her posts and becoming a "Governerd." Another really positive, uplifting group I've enjoyed being a virtual part of.

6) Friday Writing Workshop -- I've loved these so much 
I'm going to look for another live writing class to add to my week.


Accomplishments started in 2020 that I continued in 2021:

1) Barre! (two times a week)
2) No sugar -- I enjoy it at special events or holidays and then am able 
to go back to no sugar immediately. This is a HUGE change for me.
3) Don't Miss This and All In podcasts -- I've really appreciated the spiritual nourishment and knowledge I get from both of these.
4) Writing Classes -- Novel 3 and Novel 4 
(repeating Novel 4 this month with some of my WorD friends)
5) Made it to August in one scrapbook. Just calendared a weekend in January to finish.
6) And kept up with hiking all year round. Didn't hike Mt. Olympus this year, but did Grandeur Peak a few times fast, running down. And lots of other long, challenging hikes at a great pace.
7) Regular journaling.


The rest of the family:
What can you do now that you couldn't do a year ago?
Lizzie: Manage a classroom. And create a flat frosting layer on the top of a cake. Spartan Race
Marty: a real internship with a real company (and a college graduate!). 
Ran two half-marathons. Spartan race.
Chris: conjugate fluently the past subjunctive in Spanish
Nick: deadlift was 300, now 325; bench was 135 now 185. Two Spartan Races
Dan: Raced six hour Enduro race on a team. Two Spartan Races.

No comments: