Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Talking Points

 Nick had a doctor appointment today 
and ok, I admit it, because I'm THE MOM,
I took the opportunity to ask what an appropriate amount of caffeine was per day 
and if drinking pre-workout could have negative effects.
What I heard was "not much" and "yes."
What Nick heard was, "it's fine."

We were discussing this disparity on the way home but I really didn't want to argue about it.
Or nag about it.
Because who wants to be doing something awesome, only to be told you're doing it wrong.
Not anyone. Especially not a kid from his mom.

And suddenly without thinking, I found myself saying,
"The caffeine isn't something I want to focus on. It's not the main point.
What I really want you to know is how impressed I am. You've been so diligent 
getting up early and working out every day. That's not easy and I'm proud of you. 
I'm proud of how hard you're working to accomplish your goal."

I honestly believe I was given the right words to say at the right time. A literal gift from God.

Open thy mouth and it shall be filled, and I will give thee utterance...
-Moses 6:32


No comments: