Friday, January 22, 2021

Getting Out

I finally had a long stretch of time to work on my homework today.
(Have I mentioned I'm taking Novel 3 this term?)
We have three 18 page submissions over the next 10 weeks, 
and also give a couple pages of feedback on other people's submissions each week.

By the afternoon, after re-listening to my interview with my friend, Mary, (who is a Life Flight nurse) all about rescues and drownings, how they call a death and what happens next), 
I was ready to get out of the house and have some time with Dan.

We got pedicures (my heels have been DYING),
(my first time to Kami's -- best massage chairs ever!)
then got neck and foot massages at New Oriental Massage.

New Oriental Massage changed ownership during Covid. I'm not sure I like it quite as much.
The lady working on Dan took two phone calls and made a call during the treatment!
Plus they hardly worked on my neck and that was what I was really hoping for.
(But I love staying clothed for a "quick" massage and scheduling it an hour before!)

Then we went to Habit Burger.

With Nick the only one home and him being old enough that we aren't "needing" a night out -- 
away from our kids,
and with Covid putting a crimp in any social activities,
it's easy for Dan and I to just hang out at home and not do anything special.
But I think we need to be better about that. 
It's good to do stuff.
Even if its go on a drive or listen to a podcast together on a drive.
Or go to Habit Burger.

No comments: