Friday, June 07, 2019

This Feels Like Summer

I was feeling a little sleepy this afternoon, 
then the "Pina Colada" song started playing on the sound system outside
and I looked out to see Nick and friends chillin'.
It gave me just the boost I needed.

I organized the Butler's Pantry and the snack cupboard.
Including throwing away a variety of flours -- rice flour, coconut flour, etc. -- 
that expired in 2015.

Nick rode his motorcycle up to Blue's Barbershop for a haircut just now.
Marty just got home and told me about donating plasma yesterday.
I remember wanting to do that in college too.
Dan, Marge and I are going to Matilda at Hale Theater tonight.
And the sky is beginning to cloud over again.

This morning when I was reading Come Follow Me, John 14:26 stood out to me:

But the aComforterwhich is the bHoly Ghost
whom the Father will send in my cname
he shall dteach you all things, 
and bring all things to your remembrance, 
whatsoever I have said unto you.

I've been thinking about the importance of recognizing your blessings and 
how that helps you see how Heavenly Father has been present in your life.
The Holy Ghost will teach you "and bring all things to your remembrance."

By thinking about your blessings, you'll recognize how God has blessed you.
Then the Holy Ghost will help you remember even more things.
And hopefully that will help you recognize that the Holy Ghost and Heavenly Father
are present and there for you.




No comments: