Saturday, April 07, 2018

Prom and Dog Antics

Dan left early Saturday morning for his Uncle's funeral in Houston. I woke up and sat in bed working on my homework for a bit before I went to let Kershaw out. However, soon I heard a group of voices in the kitchen.

When I went downstairs, Chris and his friends had just arrived with bags of groceries to make a huge breakfast for Prom. Apparently he had asked me in Phoenix and I had totally forgotten. Fortunately the kitchen was pretty clean already, but I hurried to put my stuff away.

Getting breakfast ready!
Meanwhile the boys proceeded to take care of everything else. They got out all the paper products, had bought all the food and were set for a feast. I only advised that they make the bacon on the large griddle (instead of a small pan) and suggested the order they should cook (Bacon now and in the oven to stay warm. Crack and beat the eggs, prepare the pancake mix, then cook after they pick up dates.)

Then I had to leave to pick up Nick from his sleepover and take him to baseball practice. I brought Kershaw and we took a walk while Nick practiced. It started raining, but not so hard to send us running for cover. We walked around a park with a playground and all the little kids were saying, "Oooohhhh! Cute puppy!" It was sweet.

After Nick's practice, we got Jamba Juice and he got a breakfast burrito as well. It was too hot to eat, so he wrapped it back up and put it in the side door pocket while we went in to Dick's Sports to get his cleats and baseball pants.

And we left Kershaw in the car. With the burrito.

When we came back to the car, Kershaw was sitting in back as still as doggedly possible and the burrito wrapper was opened and licked clean in the front seat. We had to laugh. And then we had to go buy Nick another burrito.

When we arrived home, Chris' group had already gone home. And the kitchen was SPOTLESS! Not one dish in the sink, the trash all taken out, food put away, the counters scrubbed clean. Are these amazing boys?!

Spotless!!!
Chris and Maggie

The crew.
Nick and I went simple for dinner tonight and just ate Costco Japanese frozen noodle packets. I microwaved mine. Nick dumped his in a frying pan and fried 'em up because "they taste better that way." My little chef.




No comments: