Sunday, April 22, 2018

If Only We Had One More Day


Sunday morning we arranged late checkout and rode bikes from the hotel to Venice.  
(The hotel had 20 beach cruisers free for their guests!)


There's a bike/walking path next to the Santa Monica incline to get you to the beach path along the ocean. It was a warm, sunny, beautiful day!






It took us about 30 minutes to get to Venice. The paths and parks were full of families and friends out enjoying the beautiful day together. There was something really uplifting about it.

We had brunch at The Rose in Venice. Avacado Toast was a favorite for breakfast. 













We got back to our hotel with just enough time to quick shower and finish packing 
and check-out by 12:30.


With not too much time before we had to leave to the airport, we stopped at the Brentwood Country Mart to window shop and eat lunch. The Country Mart was a favorite spot for the kids and I to meet other moms and their kids. Ate there with Lisa and Peri & Erin a lot. Also Leslie, Andrew & Taylor. 
Such good memories!

It was fun to look through Gwyneth Paltrow's shop, Goop.
Browsing at Goop: "Face mist? Don't mind if I do!'

And then it was time to head to the airport to go home!
I'm so grateful for the time I had to spend with my best friends -- my sisters.
We laugh and laugh. We know our lives and our histories. They love my family, I love their families. 
We get each other. We're different but the same. Our differentness and our sameness makes us beautiful and valuable to each other. 
I cherish these relationships and these beautiful women who make me laugh, who listen, who are thoughtful, who make me think deeper and who love, love, love.



No comments: