Friday, April 21, 2017

Goals... What Matters Most

Need I say I haven't kept up with any of my goals? Story of my life. Kind of the story of everyone's lives. We make goals, life gets in the way, we don't have time and then we're back to square one again. I have kept up pretty good on no sugar, which is good because otherwise I would have eaten my emotions. Kind of like when we found out my dad had cancer and I literally gained 10 pounds. Getting out walking has also kept me sane. Also went on a bike ride. I haven't made 5x/week of exercise, but I've gotten out and that's been good for my head.

Sigh...

Dan and I gave away our Jazz tickets and instead went to the hospital and had dinner with my dad. Then we watched the Jazz game together in his room. It was a nice evening and I'm glad I'm married to someone who appreciates what matters most.

I think "what matters most" can relate to goals as well. My goals are to help me improve in areas I want to work on. Also to help me feel like I'm making the best use of my time. I've got a good sense of balance about me and I don't beat myself up when I fall short. Because right now eating 5 servings of fruits and veggies, doing Kegels and doing my British Lit homework aren't really what's most important. I COULD fit it all in. Of course I could. But I'd make myself crazy doing it. I realize it only takes a bit of planning. But my mind needs a rest sometimes. Time when I'm not checking off my list or planning ways "to get everything done." So I COULD, but I Don't. Because it matters, but it doesn't matter most right now.

1 comment:

LifeOfARealMom said...

Who cares about your goals?! You do, I know. BUT you are exactly right - keeping what is most important most important is most important right now. I think I could use a good literature class. :)