Thursday, February 09, 2017

Gather ye rosebuds while ye may...

Yesterday I was really annoyed with the dog. He would never poop outside but then as soon as we came inside he did. Ugh. I felt like I was going in and out every five minutes to try to train him but the second I felt bad he didn't get any time to run around the kitchen, he got me.  I ended up buying another crate so that we have one in the kitchen and one where he sleeps. Today he's been crated most of the day except for our excursions outside. But then he has to come straight in to his crate because he's not pooping outside. We had the house cleaners here today and I was working with a closet guy at the kitchen table and later we walked around outside learning the parameters of the invisible fence. With all the action around him, he seemed content enough.

I submitted my essay for my British Lit class that I started IN NOVEMBER! With all the craziness of holidays and then broken legs and missionaries, I haven't spent any time working on it. Dan even forgot I was taking a class. (I left my books in plain sight because I was afraid I would forget I was taking the class!) Finally got it done and submitted.

To the Virgins, to Make Much of Time
by Robert Herrick

Gather ye rosebuds while ye may,
Old Time is still a-flying;
And this same flower which smiles today
To-morrow will be dying.

The glorious lamp of heaven, the sun,
The higher he's a-getting,
The sooner will his race be run,
And nearer he's to setting.

That age is best which is the first,
When youth and blood are warmer;
But being spent, the worse, and worst
Times still succeed the former.

Then be not coy, but use your time,
And, while ye may, go marry:
For having lost but once your prime,
You may forever tarry.

Chris passed his Driver's School written test. Then we realized we had time to take the driving test so ran him over and he passed that as well! Learned that last year the State of Utah implemented one more online test that needs to be passed, but after that he's done! When he turns 16 we'll just have to drive down and turn in the documents. Good feeling to have that all behind him!

Courtney got her first acceptance to grad school! University of Colorado at Boulder! She's applied to 5 more -- Tufts, Northeastern, Columbia, NYU and UW. It's going to be an exciting time waiting to hear!

No comments: