Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Highs and Lows

I want to post about Trek. It was awesome. But my lips are covered in fever blisters from getting so sunburned because I was very irresponsible and believed that wearing a hat would protect me from the sun. My chin hurts and I have swollen glands and I look hideous.

On the bright side, I stayed in my pajamas in bed practically all day reading a cheesy book. On occasion I'd check Facebook and play Sudoku. 
I did do a few loads of laundry.

On the bad side, I had several people stop by -- 2 neighbors, 1 Trek "daughter," and Nick's friend's dad. I had to go to the door in the middle of the afternoon in my pajamas with my big, fat, blistered lips. Embarrassing. 

But on the bright side, they know me and if I want to stay in my pajamas all day, I'm sure they're thinking, "good for you! We all want a day like that!"  One family brought their darling daughter who I'm now going to see each week because I've been called to Nursery. She is 3 years old and so outgoing, never hesitating to talk to adults. She's such a cutie!  She even asked if she could stay at our house and play with me. I had to tell her I wasn't feeling so great and we'd play in Nursery on Sunday.

On the bad side, she asked to use the potty. Nick hasn't been flushing lately and today was no exception. Her dad came to the bathroom to help and I gave it a quick flush and we laughed. But as I stood there in my pajamas, blistered lips and all, the toilet became clogged. So I had to whip out the plunger and give it a quick plunge or two so it would be ready for his daughter. 

Sometimes we have to just laugh at ourselves. I look ridiculous, I feel miserable and my toilet is flooding for all the world to see.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Love this. Too funny. Fun that you are in nursery. I've been with the 4-year-olds this last year (all girls...9 of them). They are so darling, I really do love my calling. They too like to come to my house to play. I love it!

Anonymous said...

I have certainly had days like this. It made me laugh because I can relate.