Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Outsiders and Only Murders

I biked the Central Park loop twice today and still
feel really cool riding my bike in New York City.
So sad I didn't take a picture.

We went to a matinee today which was fun to look forward to an afternoon show
and a casual hang out evening at home.

The Outsiders. Oh, bringing up all the teenage feelings.
The tale of angst, disparity, friendship, loyalty, division
and family carved on every 80's high schooler teenage heart.

8.5 out of 10 stars.


The music was catchy, moving, soulful. Beautifully performed.
I shed some tears and if I was alone, would have bawled through the whole thing.
A lot of that has to do with touching on the aforementioned themes
that by 50, we're pragmatic about--I'm grateful. I'm blessed. But when those seeds, first planted 
way back as a teenager, now lying dormant, but get sifted about through memories,
whew, I was feeling all the feels. 

Bought the book to take on our trip. Gotta relive the entire story properly.

Spent the evening watching three episodes of Only Murders in the Building
while eating Spiga to Go and marveling that we're living in the Building.

No comments: