Thursday, August 08, 2019

Photo Shoot

I snapped a few shots of Chris in the yard to post on IG for his Farewell and Open House.
This Sunday! 

Tuesday he started working on his talk and asked for my help.
I asked him a few questions to get him started, suggesting that Faith and Obedience might be good topics to speak on since those things have been the crux of him going on a mission.

I said I'd write bullet points while he shared his ideas. Then he told me his story of Brandy, the van, replacing the battery and how at first when the battery didn't work, how disappointed he was.
But he didn't give up and kept trying to fix it.
And how this was like Faith and his experience reading the Book of Mormon.

He came up with that metaphor all on his own and I reveled in getting to see how he could take a real life experience he had and relate it to the Gospel. 
Also in how that $300 van brought so much spiritual value to both our faith journeys.
Who would have ever thought?

I gave him a few scriptures and a conference talk that came to mind while he was sharing his Brandy and Faith experience. He read them and found portions he wanted to use.

Then he wrote a first draft. It's good. It's really good. 
He's not afraid to be honest. 






No comments: