Saturday, August 31, 2019

Missy's Wedding and Under the Stars

Today was Missy's wedding in our backyard.
(All the photos were taken just before guests began to arrive!)


Given that her Dad built our home, we were happy to agree to the wedding here. But I did warn Lance that I wasn't creative so I couldn't be asked to help with decorations. They would be welcome to add anything they wanted or move furniture however they liked, but we wouldn't be planting additional flowers or anything like that. I did have the landscape crew come the day before and Dan and I cleaned the poolhouse. But that was about it.


They hired a caterer and flower professional who set up all the arrangements and decorations. So except for table and chair set-up and moving the outdoor furniture to the grass, they didn't have to worry about design details either.


Everything turned out beautiful, and I loved walking out my front door and going to a party that I didn't have to plan, prepare or host. It was great! (We've hosted quite a few of our own events this summer so it was fun to simply enjoy the night!  Let's see... Chris' friends' family BBQ, YW pre-trek s'mores get together, ward young family BBQ, friends potluck pool party, YW BBQ and outdoor movie, Chris' family farewell pool party, Chris' farewell, BYU/U viewing party... anything I'm forgetting?)


Everything was cleaned up and everyone had gone home by 9:30. It was great timing. I finished Marge's Wacky Cake and we ate some leftover wedding desserts, then headed to bed. But it was such a nice evening, we sat on the porch outside our room. I looked at the stars and mentioned how glad I was we'd gone to Lake Powell and slept under the stars for a week. I missed them. And Dan said, "Let's sleep outside!" So he scooched the two ottomans over and we made a bed on the sectional.


It was absolutely Heavenly.





No comments: