Monday, August 19, 2019

First Day/Last Day

Today was Nick's first day as a 9th grader. I didn't remember to take a photo before he left for school, but I did remember to take a photo after school! I told him that the next couple days are going to be all about Chris. But after that he has four whole years of our undivided attention! 😂

Cute glasses! (Made him get his backpack too even though it was after school.)

Dan took Chris and friends boating for their last time (which we thought was last week when they went boating twice). He loved being with them and was so glad to be wearing sunglasses when he teared up just thinking about them leaving.

Courtney and I returned all the clothes I bought for potential family photo outfits and didn't use. And we bought a few things for her as well.

Later I worked on Chris' packing and he had to make some decisions about what he could live without since we were over 50 lbs in each of the big bags. Goodbye to the giant listerine bottle. Goodbye Old Spice body wash and Old Spice shampoo. He wasn't willing to part with even one of the eight bottles of Melaleuca Renew Lotion.

Me: How do you feel about pink tags? Chris: I can do pink.
Just before his setting apart, Dan told me Chris had jumped in the shower (he got a huge rash under each armpit from using a different deodorant). But just then Chris walked in the house in his pink pants and t-shirt. "I had to skateboard for a bit to let off some stress."

But we made it to his setting apart. It was a neat opportunity for each of us to share what was in our hearts with Chris and to give advice. Then Chris shared something with each of us and then was set apart as a missionary.



We went to Itto's for dinner afterward and Crumbl cookies for dessert -- totally forgetting that I'd made a tres leches cake for tonight. From 9 -11 his other friends who had just been set apart came over, along with kids from school and parents to say goodbye. It was nice to be together one last time.


Dan and I climbed into bed at midnight and fell asleep to the sound of Chris playing his guitar.

No comments: