Monday, October 08, 2018

Talking and Talking and Talking

No one tells as entertaining a story as my sister-in-law, Kristin.
I love being with her. We have so much to talk about and I learn so much from her.
One thing I value is that we've gone through parenting at the same time. 
Watching our children learn and grow has in turn caused us to learn and grow and 
reevaluate and love and rejoice and cry and appreciate and step-back and step-up in ways we 
probably didn't realize would be required of parents and parenting. 
I love sharing and talking and learning with her.
And laughing. Because as I said before, she is the best story-teller and makes me laugh so much!

And there's never enough time. Not even in Hawaii when we had several days on end together.
But Monday morning we walked without being in a rush. And then when we got back home, the kids and Duncan weren't in a rush to get on the road so we had the rest of the morning and into the afternoon to sit together and with Duncan and talk and talk and talk some more. 
And the only person who can talk more than me is probably Duncan!
I can honestly say that morning and afternoon with the three of us was a dream-come-true.
My only responsibility that Monday was laundry. And laundry can wait.
So it was a mini vacation with people I love.

And then after they left I realized I still had lots of questions that I forgot to ask or we got distracted before we got to the end of the story!! 
Which is ok because it means we'll never run out of things to say.

We are so much cuter in real life than this photo depicts! Ha! But we are happy on this beautiful road!

2 comments:

LifeOfARealMom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LifeOfARealMom said...

hahahaahhahaha!

What a sight we are! Angela is a blast-in-a-half. I am flattered by her generous words. I absolutely feel that way about her! She is kind and good and so very smart! What a treasure she is. I love every minute I spend with YOU Angela and CAN'T WAIT until our next walk and talk and talk and talk.