Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Clara Day -- Thanksgiving

After running a few errands, for our walk today, Clara and I walked down my street so we could enjoy the leaves changing colors and the crunch beneath our feet. It was a perfect day -- a bit of a chill but sunny.

She told me about this poster on her door. One year a little girl ripped the corner off. Clara was really disappointed. But then she realized it was symbolic.

We focus on our blessings and all we have, and don't worry or focus on the things that didn't work out so well or that we don't have.

She's so smart and has such a positive attitude. I love her! (She's also a perfectionist and I realized I could very well be "seeing" future me when I'm with her. I've got to learn to let the little things go! One of her favorite things to say is, "I'm 92 years old! I shouldn't still be having to run this place (her condo complex). But other people don't care like I do, so I guess I have to do it myself! Ha!

No comments: