Monday, December 12, 2022

Praying for Miracles

When we woke up yesterday morning we got the news that
our friend and bishop, Daren, while traveling in Germany with some of his family
had gotten sick, passed out and fell and and hit his neck his hotel bathroom, 
breaking his neck and damaging his spinal cord. 

It's funny how we react so differently to scary news. A lot of people were teary in church.
Often my first reaction is to tread carefully before jumping to conclusions.
What are the facts? I process thinking things through: just because x doesn't mean y. 
No reason to think the worst. It's too soon to know. Let's just wait until we have more information.
Part of that thought process is not knowing what to worry about
so waiting to worry until we know if we should be worrying.
(I know, I know! Surprising for someone who is such a worrier, like me!)

But the other side of that coin is my brain protecting my heart 
because I simply can't comprehend our friend not being the same old 
kind, fun, playful, laughing, calming wise friend that he's always been.

(He's an ob/gyn and the following two photos are of him delivering babies
posted by his daughter as the easiest way to get everyone information:)




No comments: