Friday, December 30, 2022

Escaping

I've been sleeping in and it feels so good! Especially when I've been staying up soooo late!
I say goodnight to all the late birds around midnight, 
but then I surf and catch up on e-mails until 1 or 1:30. 
(sitting in my closet so I don't disturb Dan who is disciplined enough to get to bed several hours earlier)
  I always need some alone time to detox before bed.

Woke up to a text from the kids asking who wanted to go to another escape room.
Marty and Michael have been dying to try another one ever since we didn't "get out" 
the other night. 
Jaxon and Kingston came with us which was super fun to spend some time with the teenagers.
Our group was thinking through all the clues and numbers and patterns so fast
I felt like I was just bouncing up and down on my toes looking for something to do.
I made a couple decent discoveries making a couple of tiny contributions,
but mostly I loved seeing how fast this group thinks.

Today we won with 20 minutes to spare!


My problem-solving forte is puzzles. Lizzie and Courtney are also fans.
(Dare I say, addicts, like me?)


Courtney hosted a 30th birthday party for Carine and lots of their friends,
so the rest of us made ourselves scarce.

Dan and I, Grandma & Dimitrios, Marty, Lizzie & Emi and Jaxon & Kingston
all went to Fav bistro for Thai food and great conversation.
Afterward, the teens got in the hot tub and the rest of us played Gnoming Around
in the playroom while the party raged in the living areas.

No comments: