Friday, December 09, 2022

Deck the Halls

I've been waking up so, so early the last two weeks. 
But I feel really good all day, soooo, I'm getting lots done. 

We didn't put up the second Christmas tree this year. Last year ,we put it up in the entry instead of the living room since we have the second piano now. 
I didn't think we'd miss it. But after the decorator came to install the stair and mantle garlands,
the handrail garland felt a little sparse with only pinecones and a few white ornaments. 

So, at 3:30 in the morning as I lay in bed wide awake after the house alarm beeped because the garage door was left open, I got ideas for adding the Christmas tree ornaments and snowflakes to the stairs,
and I think it turned out really pretty!




This afternoon ran off to TJ Maxx, JoAnns, and a few boutiques and found more pillows and blankets and snowflakes and ornaments to add accents everywhere. 
Last week I just wanted to simplify. This week I changed my mind.




Also, we got new dining room furniture and I LOVE it!
The table and buffets are a little wider, a lot lighter and we've got new accent chairs for personality.



Dan and I went to Moulin Rouge and it was a dance party from beginning to end!
I loved the song mash-ups, the choreography, and all the performances. A total blast!
I didn't even really mind the sexy costumes. 
But then I'm a 52-year-old woman and these are actors on a stage.

No comments: