Wednesday, February 09, 2022

Gold Medal

Finally, finally this year I remembered to watch some of the Olympics. 
Thanks to e-mail advertisements from Alexa and Peacock, I marked my calendar.
Usually a few weeks after they start I think, oh wait, did I miss it?

We've been following Nathan Chen (a SLC native!) and had sweaty palms waiting for his turn to
compete in the Men's Freestyle figure skating tonight.
He was amazing! His story of coming back from several falls and his disappointing performance
last year in the short skate to a redemptive freestyle a few days later to his 
incredible journey as the world champion and his confidence skating to a Gold Medal
is so inspiring!


Lunch with Jenny and Carol today at "The Crack Shack" (fried chicken on 9th and 9th)
was also inspiring as is often the case spending time with lifelong friends.

We saw these medals in a boutique for anyone who has a different level of success.


No comments: