Monday, March 04, 2019

Not Luke Perry!

Oh no! I can't believe Luke Perry died! One of the biggest heartthrobs of my college years. I wanted to call and commiserate with someone, to reminisce about our Beverly Hills 90210 days and how faithfully we watched it, and how devastating it is that Luke is gone and how gorgeous he was and how can he be 52 years old? And how can we be 48 years old? But sadly, that someone is Randi. And she's gone too.

I texted Jenne instead, Randi's best friend (who later married Brad, Randi's husband and is a fantastic mother to her kids). "I just heard Luke Perry died and I wished I could text Randi to be sad together! I'm texting you instead wondering if you were thinking the same thing?! I miss her!" And then I erased the text. Because it's a movie star we're talking about from 20 years ago. And I wondered if it was weird. But I rewrote it again and sent it. Because it was the show we watched together and Jenne watched it with her too and she'd probably understand. 

Her response? "I'm SO GLAD you messaged me! It was the first thing I thought of too! This is the first thing to happen in a long time that I thought she would be the first person I would want to talk to about it." 

My future daughter goes there!

Oh Randi, I hope you got to be on the welcoming committee for Luke Perry's arrival in heaven! Those were the days!

(And I had no idea he was a star on Riverdale. Chris and Nick knew immediately who he was. I've got some Riverdale to watch. Just for fun.)

Wow! You've aged well!



No comments: