Wednesday, January 03, 2018

The Party's Over

It felt a little sad packing up the high chair today. Miss those cute little kids!


But not sad packing up Christmas. Just sad that packing up Christmas could potentially take forever. 
Got a head start on packing up by sleeping in... so I could be rested up.

 Haven't seen the deer in a while but the herd came back today!

The kids all started back to school on Tuesday and 
the Pauls had plans to ski and hang out with friends. 
Courtney and I started out the morning by getting massages from Andrea.
She's the best. Andrea is. Courtney's great too, but Andrea is the best at giving massages.

And then we instantly ruined our relaxed bodies by going to IKEA.
I want cheap bookshelves for my office so I can unpack my books. 
It never sounds very hard to put IKEA furniture together until you try lifting one of the giant boxes that weigh a million pounds and suddenly you question how much you really need bookshelves.

I totally would have backed out if I was alone.

PTSD from Courtney's apartment in NYC.
The best Christmas gift of all was that Isaac and Brent carried the boxes all the way up to the attic!
THANK  YOU!!

Dan left to Uruguay to speak at a conference and Courtney had friends over so I gladly spent the night in my room for some much needed alone time.

And the next morning the Paul's headed back to Chicago. 
Courtney and I spent the next two days together building IKEA furniture while listening to Friends, returning some things at Nordstroms, getting lunch at Nordstroms, her talking me into getting dinners at Porcupine one night and Bombay House the other, her coming on errands with me, getting her packed up to leave and then finally she left.

And the Holidays were over.

No comments: