Thursday, January 11, 2018

Flying

The necessities for 8 hours on an airplane.


Minus the snacks that will be purchased at the airport in Seattle. Something about being trapped on a plane makes me worried I might never eat again. I have to carefully calculate the time and when a proper meal should be served, purchase the food for that meal, and then buy snacks for every scenario. 

Something salty—but I take my time choosing. What kind of chips will I feel like in three hours? Cheddar and sour cream? Salt and Vinegar? Bugles have a fun texture and pop that’s satisfying.  Something sweet… chocolate of course, preferably not a candy bar, but pieces that are bite size. And then in a panic I throw something else onto the counter. Nuts with dried fruit? It would be good to have something crunchy. And I do like dried fruit. Brings back good feelings. Reminds me of the candy of my youth. The kind that you could potentially get away with eating in front of mom. The kind she may even purchase herself. (Or more likely that Grandma Regan purchased.) We were well aware that it wasn’t candy. But it was almost candy.

Salt and vinegar chips, veggies and dip, trail mix--with dried fruit and nuts, but no chocolate, Peanut butter M&Ms to make up for the lack of chocolate in the trail mix. I’m worried the peanut butter M&Ms may have been a mistake. Should have stuck with plain.

And a big bottle of water.

But the 6 ½ hour flight to Hawaii requires preparation and organization once seated on the flight to have everything accessible. So I can properly enjoy my hours and hours of doing whatever I want! Seriously, I love flying!


The man diagonal from is busting a gut laughing. I can see the show he’s watching, “Vice Principals.” I’ve never heard of it. But something happens on screen and he starts laughing without sound. I can see his head bobbing as he laughs and a couple of times he’s had to take off his glasses and wipe his eyes. I told Chris to watch him and then Chris and I were both busting up just watching this dude enjoying his show so much.

We made it just in time!


Happy almost Birthday to Nick!



No comments: